Agnostic.com

4 6

Chaos and panic at the Atlanta airport when a limp dick gun nut brought a loaded gun in his carryon and it "accidentally" went off. These people are a menace.

Secretguy 7 Nov 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It was still the gun owner’s poor choice and not the gun.
It’s like wanting to ban cars because people drink and drive.

Not really. This would make people want restrictions that would prevent people that are so fucking stupid they think they can bring a loaded gun in their carry-on for a flight from being able to purchase guns. As someone who touts the importance of responsible gun ownership, you wouldn't support preventing someone that fucking stupid from buying a gun??

@JeffMurray
I would support that person losing their right to own a gun.
Stupid people shouldn’t have guns. Felons and people that make stupid gun decisions shouldn’t have them. I’d support that 100%. Zero argument.

I have many guns and almost always have one when I leave the house. I also travel a lot and I make it a point to double and triple check my backpack before a flight… just to make sure. Never found one that may have been caught by security, but that’s responsible gun ownership.

But to make guns illegal for smart people that have them so that they can’t protect them selves from the stupid ones that do is nothing short of retardation.

@CourtJester No one I've ever heard had advocated for a complete ban on all guns. That's a red herring scare tactic partisan hacks use as a boogy man to garner votes and support.

No, we make drivers have Insurance because we know from experience that problems will need fixing with $$$$ (at the very least!) And if you are a careless driver, or drive paired, you pay lots more.
But I bet you think making gun owners be prepared to fix the problems they might cause is somehow depriving them of their "rights"......

@AnneWimsey
Yep

Great. This is the kind of mishap which lends support to those wanting restrictions on guns. Unless such mishaps happen then there's no evidential justification for doing so. Next year's House should take up the issue of gun control because we will be riding high from the success of both infrastructure bills and voting rights (which I feel will be passed with the most important aspects intact). This may finally be its moment so will not harm us in November. Might even help if this kind of thing keeps happening until then.

Now they need to lock him up and put him on the no fly list.

Even Wyatt Earp believed in and enforced gun control.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:634990
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.