Agnostic.com

30 5

What are some of the things you've mastered that were worth it, but that took real time and effort to learn?

Thinking about some of the things I've learned that were not easy, but once I understood them or learned how to do them, it made a world of difference...

Some have been purely skill-related, like finally grasping Photoshop ten years ago with my non-analytical brain after three different courses and years of frustration watching so many others take it on and run with it right away, thinking I'd never get it and when I did it was like a revelation how powerful and enjoyable this program is.

Or having to take a whole summer when I was a kid learning how to ride a bicycle, being so awkward physically to begin with and seeing my younger sister getting on a two-wheeler and shoot down the street after a few tries; how incredible it was when I could finally do this.

And then other things I've learned that were more about my personality, like going from being so shy and awkward socially to enjoying social gatherings and even initiating social contact, to even enjoying being proactive in my life and not settling on being some sort of doormat.

bleurowz 8 Apr 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

30 comments (26 - 30)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Omg, so many things. I guess being a tom boy lraening how to ride 26inch 2 wheeler bike that was bigger then me.. Learning how to bake fancy achristmas cookies, cakes, pies. Learning how to be competitive in school and in life. Wanted to be the best. Shedding my shyness for leadership in my nursing career and now as political activist.

Learning how children 7 and under think. I am a kids magician and figuring out that it's not the trick that brings them pleasure, but the personality of the magician. My magic tricks go wrong and the kiddies come to the rescue and actually make the magic happen. I empower them and of course I give them kudos. Learning to remember their names also took time (Harry Lorayne has a memory book) and I meet all the kids before a show and call them by name. It took almost ten years to develop my style of being silly, goofy and entertaining.

ebdb Level 7 Apr 22, 2018

International Morse Code. You have to graduate 22WPM Receiving and 18WPM Sending. Every now and then I may still make a woman cry with my inspiration. Indirectly something a wrote cost me a divorce... if that aint Mastering?

Oral sex, took a lot of effort and time but have mastered it and was realy worth all the effort.

I'm shy at social gatherings. I tend to avoid them.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:63532
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.