Agnostic.com

4 2

LINK Cruz says there's reason to be "deeply, deeply skeptical" about tennis star Peng Shuai's reappearance

Washington — Republican Senator Ted Cruz of Texas said Sunday that those concerned about the well-being of tennis player Peng Shuai have reason to be "deeply, deeply skeptical" about images released by Chinese state-run media that appear to show her in Beijing, marking the first time she's been seen in more than two weeks.

In an interview with "Face the Nation," Cruz said "we don't know for sure" what is going on with Peng, 35, who disappeared after she accused a former Chinese Communist Party vice-premier of sexual assault in a now-deleted post on the Chinese social media site Weibo on November 2.

(I am very surprised to find myself on the same side of an issue as Ted Cruz)

snytiger6 9 Nov 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

“We don’t know for sure!” That never stopped him from making unfounded statements before. Why is he hedging his bets now? Q didn’t give him permission yet?

The situation gives him a chance to take a swipe at communists. I think that is his only real interest here.

Except it was Cruz's idol, Trump, and the rest of the GQP that completely ignored the Khashoggi murder.

Yes, but he obviously is being the "tough guy," and ratcheting it up into a full-blown confrontation.
That's the Republican way: rattle the swords, ruffle feathers, confront, pick a fight, to score political points.
Talking behind the scenes to defuse the situation, and avoid public pissing contests, isn't their style.
Typical is Trump spreading the lie the Chinese invented covid-19 and deliberately released it into the world.
Why? To embarrass the Chinese and destabilize the regime.
That's not the way to maintain good relations with a regime which, like it or not, isn't going anywhere and, if enraged, can do a lot of damage to our interests in the region.

A no duh issue which, I would not be surprised to see Cruz fuck up somehow, at some point, and blame the liberal media for him doing so.
The Chinese are a repressive regime that doesn't want bad publicity from anyone for any reason, thus they will even stifle victims' voices. (Even crimes that every day Chinese would be put to death for committing).

Because no American victim of sexual abuse by a politician has ever been railroaded and made to “disappear.” Common practice among politicos everywhere.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:635333
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.