Agnostic.com

11 3

Where do he come from? If there is no God

Everyone knows that there is no God and pretending to know weather or not if or if not there is a God no one will never know not even scientist or evolution a Godless Society is what we need in this life and the next knowing your mom and dad told you if you're an atheist dad told you if you are an atheist you will be bringing hell for for eternity ever since I was born in Colorado I have been abusive from a foster home Christian family at the age of 5 years old from the day I graduated Elementary School Middle School from the day I graduate high school I just turned to be an atheist my family does not know I'm atheist they will find out sooner or later just don't know when or what day sooner or later they will eventually find out I am a theist and they will try to shun me and judge me and my mom the rest of my family will turn against me except for my girlfriend's mom and her stepdad and for the rest of her family and the other day when I went swimming with my girlfriend I decided to tell her that I was an atheist and she told me her church except everyone for who they are they don't judge and I thought she would judge me just because I was an atheist but she didn't well my thinking was wrong if there was a god God could not judge us just because we are atheist even though people call us devil worshippers but we are not devil worshippers you don't even believe in a heaven or a hell or God or goddesses or got the father or god the Sun or the Holy Spirit and is true we can still be decent people without God we can live without God when I was a little boy I was sick and tired of being brainwashed to believe in a guy that does not exist and not just that being abused by religion

Darolsole 3 Apr 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Well that's one way to put it... However.. Let's just respect their belief.. One good thing about it is.. It gives them hope even tho it's hopeless.. and with that hope it gives them a sense of morality so let's just let them be. And just satisfy the equation we knew exist.. Though it's fun to put our coin in others bank to get them to think like us.. That I say....

Well I agree with your point there is no God and God condemns you to hell so many preachers in the church says got you and send you to hell you send yourself to hell and yet God the Bible says we are fools you know who is a fool goddess that claim to make man and woman and his own image but science proves and revolution proves that man and women May little born babies from having sex

I hope that your girlfriend truly does accept you for who you are. It's difficult when you feel alone in your beliefs (or non beliefs). Welcome, I hope you can find some peace.

Sounds like your girlfriend accepts you as an atheist.

Can you accept that (we always were and always will be.)

Sweetie, Gods have been used for millenia to control the masses through fear. This is my favorite explanation for where they came from:

I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. You might also find some solace in a favorite podcast: [audioboom.com] They are hilarious and are very good at explaining various parts of different religious texts. I hope your journey in reason continues to go well. I encourage your thoughts and questions. Above all- Keep seeking knowledge.

Punctuation, anyone?

This guy is obviously making a heartfelt post after a life of being abused by religion and you're over here blathering on about punctuation. Make an effort to understand, you're what makes atheists look bad

@solaris78 sorry , when i cannot tell where one sentence starts and the next ends, no,I cannot make sense of it!

Had a door-knocker ask me once, “What if you’re wrong?” “What will you say when you you stand before ‘God’?” Told him I’d reply, “Apparently, I was wrong.” If their god is such a loving being, would it punish someone forever for honestly concluding, in the absence of any evidence, that there was no such thing?

I go with that reasoning the rare times it seems I must ‘explain myself.’ Though my family’s Atheist, or at least the ones who've amounted to anything.. being shunned by the rest is no loss. ...You can pick your friends 🙂

Varn Level 8 Apr 22, 2018

I would say: "Dude, the world I lived in that you made was so fucked-up, I could not in good conscience buy into anything any of your servants were selling. And I ain't sorry for this. Do what you gotta do."

You come from your parents. Gods come from people. If you study the history of religins, you'll see pretty soon that the gods represented the fears that peopel felt at that time. Also, goods don't really last all that long. Two thousand years, plus or minus, and a god disappears. Poof! Baal, Jupiter, Ra, Venus, Freyja, Odin- all powerful and worshipped in their time , now gone. Once human being get a hold of the knowledge that is out there, all desire for gods will vanish.

Paraphrasing, I’d once read Madalyn Murray O’Hair describe there ‘once being over 600 Greek Gods … and that now we’re down to one. She went on, “So we’re not that far apart in our thinking,” “I only believe in one less god than you!” Yes, they don’t last forever … as we appear to be heading in the right direction 🙂

Welcome❣??

Emme Level 7 Apr 22, 2018

Hey man, welcome from the other side of the world.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:63553
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.