Agnostic.com

3 8

The “culture war” is both a misnomer and a deliberate falsehood created and continually propagated by today’s Republican party, extreme libertarians, and the rabid right. It is not the political left or the Democratic Party that is instigating and engaging in deliberate war. Those who incite and engage in unprovoked war are the ones whose behavior is marked by incivility, aggressive false propaganda, verbal and physical violence, constant threats against anyone who disagrees.

In America today, where is such behavior coming from? It is coming from the exact people who have created the term, Culture war” and who are propagating it. They are engaged in a deliberate, dishonest, and despicable war on honesty, truth, facts, civility, equal rights, equal opportunity, and equal justice under the law, democracy, constitutional government, and simple decency. They invent or grab onto dog whistle slogans without real meaning and club us over the head with them. There is NO resemblance whatsoever between Lincoln Republicans and today’s collection of miscreants, enablers, and cowardly apologists.

We must call out the corrupt use of dog whistles used to distract and demean. We must declare an all-out war on the dishonest, immoral, and unpatriotic behavior of those trying to divide and control us by deception and disparagement. But, we must also make it clear that we are not the ones who have instigated this divisive and senseless conflict, and that we are always willing to join with anyone and any group that is willing to act honestly to find a constructive ways forward.

Let us not engage in violence, but embrace the strategy of non-violence embraced by Martin Luther King. Yes, we will incur casualties, but we will draw attention to the contemptible violence of those trying to pursue vicious war, and earn public support. Let us screen participants in our actions to make sure that they are not carrying weapons, distance ourselves from rioters and looters, and stop senseless ongoing chaotic anarchic actions. In so doing, we will make it clear who are the instigators of evil, and who is really striving to serve and improve our country and our people.

wordywalt 9 Nov 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Now to the point made above. I remember the date this happened. I remember hearing about it. I have tried to listen to see if there is anything being done so that it cannot happen again, I see nothing is being done and that actually the problem is increasing. It seems to me that people will not be happy until they are able to just shoot at each other when they want.

Another topic, but it kind of relates. I keep hearing how China is trying to destroy the Country. They are engaged in steeling jobs away from us and making it so we do not produce things here any more. This is not China's fault, it is ours, we are going to them because we want profits to be higher than if the same things were made here. I have one question. If we were to go to war with China, where would we get the means to fight this war? It seems to me that the companies that should be making this stuff are doing so in China. Thus any war would be short as we would quickly run out of the stuff they make for us that we no longer make for ourselves. There is a cost to having that which we need for our well being made elsewhere.

On June 14, 2017, during a practice session for the annual Congressional Baseball Game for Charity in Alexandria, Virginia, James Hodgkinson shot U.S. House Majority Whip Steve Scalise, U.S. Capitol Police officer Crystal Griner, congressional aide Zack Barth, and lobbyist Matt Mika. A ten-minute shootout took place between Hodgkinson and officers from the Capitol and Alexandria Police before officers shot Hodgkinson, who died from his wounds later that day at the George Washington University Hospital. Scalise and Mika were taken to nearby hospitals where they underwent surgery.
Hodgkinson was a leftwing political activist from Belleville, Illinois, while Scalise was a Republican member of Congress.
I'm simply pointing out that the only answer is truth in opposition to hype.
There's few innocent people associated with the U.S. Government that have been in office more than one or two terms.
I side with the Progressives, and liberals, I don't want to shoot anyone, and my advice to Conservatives is to chill the fuck out before you get what you're asking for, the last time this happened was in the 1860's.
I promise you will not like the results if you get it your way.

I hardly see the relevance of your remarks. Hodgkinson was a lone unstable individual. The verbal violence, threats, and actuakl violence on the right is largely a movement fueled and prvoked by the poliotical right.

@wordywalt The point is we're members of a violent species, that's reflected in our political parties.
However Democratic Congressmen weren't trying to turn Hodgkinson into a hero as the Republicans are with Kyle, however if the right continues their provocation that will ultimately change and the Conservatives don't know it but they're seriously outnumbered.

@Willow_Wisp I do not see such action toward Hodgkinsdon at all, and have heard no reports to the effect you cliam. I see your attempt to equate the cases as less than objecive and rational.

@wordywalt I guess there's no hope for your reading skills then. I'll move on to chat with people that can follow a conversation without lying about their "side", because that's dishonest.

@Willow_Wisp I apologize. I did misread. At age 84, my vision is not that good.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:635558
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.