Agnostic.com

13 15

What were you thankful for this Thanksgiving?

I feel grateful for all of you on Agnostic.com. Thank you for your kindness and support!

Grateful my girl Claire and I are healthy and happy. I brought Thanksgiving dinner to Claire in Lake Stevens, WA because she was working on Thanksgiving Day. I cooked and baked in advance, so only roasted a turkey breast once I got there. Claire cut up fresh vegetables.

Made lemon bars for my lemon lover. We gobbled them up the day before Thanksgiving. Claire's Dad sent ham with me. I didn't eat it. At age 24, I stopped eating preserved and processed meats when my father died of colon cancer at 51.

Felt relieved and thankful to get home safely. It was white-knuckle driving in pounding rain for 120 miles over steep, curvy Stevens Pass. My little car hydroplaned twice. Scary loss of control.

If it was colder, it would have been a whiteout blizzard. Afterward for two days, my shoulder and neck muscles were painfully knotted up. Much better today.

LiterateHiker 9 Nov 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I am delighted to hear that you and your daughter had a good time and you are safe .

Thankful you made it back safely so you can continue (and share) your adventures 😎

I'm thankful I had the day to spend by myself, doing as I chose. I cooked a little (NOT turkey), worked a little, and read a lot. It was a good day.

I’m thankful that I was able to spend time with all my grandkids and will soon be thankful for a new great granddaughter in April of next year! I’m also thankful for this site and the many wonderful people I have gotten to know over the past three years here. So many of you have been such a comfort and joy in my life! 😍

Thankful that I live in a secular country where religion plays a minor role. We do not celebrate thanksgiving but it is St Andrews day tomorrow so I will have a couple of drams.

Turkey Day was always a big deal with me. The Bird, THE STUFFING, the Cranberry Sauce, Gravy, Mashed Potatoes, Sweet Potatoes with Marshmellows, Pumpkin Pie, Cherry/Apple Pie, Lemon Meringue Pie...MY KIDS. After all the food was consumed and put up and everyone had rested up we would put up the Christmas Tree and decorate it. Of course we would kick off the Christmas Movie marathon(one movie a night till Christmas)...traditionally it was "National Lampoons Christmas Vacation".
This year it was just me an my youngest son and we accepted an invite to an old friends for Turkey Day dinner...My son and I made a KILLER tray of Potatoes Au Gratin to contribute. My daughter is a Traveling Nurse and had to work on Friday so she couldn't make it. My Oldest Boy is stuck in Texas training for his second deployment overseas. I am finishing up renovating the front room where the tree will go and that should be finished next week. A little behind schedule but I am just glad I have the skills and tools and patience to weed through all the problems I had prepping the room for paint. I miss my other kids terrible but they are thriving and successful. My youngest has a friend visiting for Christmas and New Year so I am going to let them put up the tree and decorate. They both know how to cook so I am on strike as soon as this room is finished.

Am watching the life drain from my last living parent, so nothing.

MizJ Level 8 Nov 29, 2021

I am thankful that there is a new grand in the oven. We're cautious, the mama has had several pregnancy losses. I'm thankful that the independent grands are growing and thriving, sweet lovable little PITAs that they are. I am thankful my current job looks to be a keeper, I'm doing well and the company culture is the healthiest I've experienced in a long time.

Glad you are recovering, spent Thanksgiving with my sons, Awesome

bobwjr Level 10 Nov 29, 2021

There's a pain all down my left leg, that reminds me I'm alive. I'm glad to be alive to experience that.

Happy you are safe and well after your drive. But you should go more slowly in the wet, especially as you get more mature. Some people, like my father, never get that, and the older he got, the faster he went, it was terrifying. Your reactions and skills do go down with age even if you do not notice it, that is why I am never impatient with older drivers who go slowly.

For myself I am really grateful, that I live in a country where we do New Year and Burn's Night, rather than Thanksgiving, because you are more ready for the holiday and feast later in the winter when you need a cheer.

@Fernapple

What makes you think I didn't slow down?

Of course I did.

@LiterateHiker Well then you should have slowed more. You don't hydroplane at a crawl.

@Fernapple, I do get better gas mileage than I used to. But, what's the hurry these days as we can't go anywhere because we may not get back for who knows when? This message is brought to you by The Omicron Corp and its affiliates.

@Fernapple Just wondering?
why are you giving driving instructions? Have you ever driven Steven's pass this time of year? I thought this site was for intelligent discussion but it's becoming increasingly hostile....but, sorry, I'm only a 6!

@Paganlyl I am giving driving instruction, not to be hostile, but because having been on this site for a long while, it would concern me deeply if something unfortunate were to happen to Literate.

I'm thankful every day for my health and easy lifestyle. I cherish my solitude, but also am grateful for acquaintances to share time with when I do feel like socializing.

Not being a fan of the holidays, nobody had expectations of me, so I spent Thanksgiving Day happily alone. I could have invited a friend over, but I chose not to.

On Friday I popped over to Oahu to visit with family for the weekend. Was fun to see my partially vaccinated grandchildren get their pictures taken with Hawaiian Santa.

I'm thankful I'm not a turkey. Glad you're safe and sound.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:636390
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.