Agnostic.com

1 2

LINK Study Finds That Arizona's the Place for Vortexes, Alien Lights, Lost Gold Mines — and Conspiracists | Phoenix New Times

On the one hand I'm proud of the state where I grew up.
The outdoors, wildlife and weather are magnificent. All my life I've been able to step out my front door and see 50 miles to the horizon.

On the other hand we sure seem to attract a lot of kooks.
Nobody ever finds the Lost Dutchman Mine.
The Baron of Arizona, James Reavis made up a story in the 19th century and tried to claim a big chunk of the state -- and almost got it.
Woo, woo followers have been chasing fantasies in the sandstone hills for as long as they've been aware of those hills.
Sometimes I'm afraid all of Phoenix is made of plastic -- and plastic is fragile in the sun.

But it can be fun to watch if you try not to take it too seriously.
The QAnon Shaman put on a short show with his horned hat.
The election audit had some slapstick level humor (overall sad as it was).
The open skies are brilliant -- from Lowell Observatory to the US Naval Observatory down the hill to Kitt Peak National Observatory to just going out in the desert and looking.

Every now and then local media steps back and looks and shakes their heads and tries to chuckle.😏

RichCC 8 Dec 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Vortexes, seriously? Evidence?

I think you have to be in just the right mood to see them. Ha, ha.🙂

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:636786
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.