Agnostic.com

3 1

More than a third of world’s population have never used internet, says UN

Nearly 3bn people, or 37% of global population, have never been online despite rise in use during pandemic

FearlessFly 9 Dec 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I believe it. Some big guys like Amazon or Google should just launch some powerful satellite one day and the internet should be free to all. Elon Musk's Starlink will work everywhere easily getting strong signals. We have to get rid of the ISPs skimming us every day.

A little off topic but just heard this morning on NPR that the recent Cenus revealed that more and more people are living single and alone, not with a partner or a spouse. How about that?

Yep I have a friend who has not, mind you she is nearly ninety, but then I see ninety year olds giving out advice on playing video games on line, so its just a personal choice in the west. But then in the third world there are many who do not have electricity or piped water, yet some of those manage a wireless internet connection.

That is very true. Many countries around the world are still struggling with bare necessities of life.

Do you think those 37% are the lucky ones ?

Yes if we think ignorance is a bliss.

Consciously living off the grid but with the internet is different from wanting but not having the internet with poverty, poor infrastructure etc.

@St-Sinner many rural Americans do not have access to the internet at a price that they can afford

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:636975
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.