Agnostic.com

4 3

LINK Hours after community members gathered for a Christmas tree lighting in Chicago, it was set on fire and destroyed. ‘It was just devastating’ | Chicago Tribune

Some holiday traditions are stranger and more disappointing than others. It's very disappointing to me that some people destroy to make their statement.πŸ˜•

RichCC 8 Dec 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I think it's an appropriate attack on their symbol of oppression.

β€œIt’s an attack on our community, and it’s unfortunate that the incidents keep happening,..." The problem is that the Christian community has supported treason, sedition, and now fascism. That sort of attack is certain to draw counter-attacks. It may be Christmas trees now, but people have the same outrage as the Canadians after finding mass graves of children hidden on church properties. One may reasonably predict that just as Christians try to burn synagogues and crosses, payback seems likely.

Christ-Mas should never have been a sanctioned holiday and the cut down trees were in the process of dying anyway so nothing lost. We should have burned them down many years ago to dissuade people from doing this public worship.

This is a "thing" now, I guess. Pretty sad. Poor tree.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:638310
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.