Agnostic.com

7 16

Some people are just born a sinner!

TheoryNumber3 8 Dec 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

In that case, I am much worse. I should get the award.

Iā€™m one of those weirdos that throws, bats and shoots right but draws, writes and eats with their left hand. Guess Iā€™m only half a sinner! šŸ˜‚

Ha ha! Me too! šŸ˜€

@DaganCurie Cool. I could never shoot left handed, beyond layups and short hook shots. I can swing a hammer equally well with both hands, and switch off between right and left for pretty much all hand tools and paint brushes, depending on the angle to the work. I sometimes freak out opponents in ping pong when I switch hands. šŸ˜‰

When the award was given to the winner of the years' golf championship of my local course, they had to admit that, try as they might, they could not find ANY trophy depicting a left handed golfer (I am one). šŸ˜® šŸ˜›

Mom was a lefty

bobwjr Level 10 Dec 15, 2021

Left handed were burned at the stake as witches.

Yep, even the word "sinister", which means left handed, has come in modern usage to mean, prone to, or appearing evil.

Not just in English. How about the French "gauche" or Italian "sinistre"?

LOL! I always forget about this one. While it really is not expressly a sin (as opposed to Sin) the pro right handedness of many mentions in the Bible of the best place to be ends up being used as a reason to denigrate the "other".
The claim is 85% of humans are right handed.
When I was working in the Engraving Department at the Seattle Post-Intelligencer, the morning news paper back in the 1980s almost 50% of us in that department were left handed. A couple of the photographers(different department) were lefties. I don't know about the other departments or management.

It's interesting that I'd always heard that creatives tend to be left-handed, and a lot of the ones I've known have been. My brother, an artist, is ambidextrous and they tried getting him to change when he was in school. I wonder how many right-handed people are true lefties but adapted to that pressure?

@Lauren I remember my mom telling me that they made her use her right hand in school. She felt like she was defective because she was left handed

@TheoryNumber3 That's a horrible thing to do to a child! Did she revert to using her left hand after she got out of school?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:639452
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.