Agnostic.com

20 9

I'm an organ donor

I decided many years ago to be an organ donor but I didn't think about my health. I never drank water and only ate junk food! Now I am more active, not too much, but I ride my bicycle in the mornings several times a week, drink water and eat healthier. I used to smoke socially, it was never a habit. I could go months without having a smoke, I've never liked alcohol and never done drugs. I haven't done much with my life (it's true) (I'm working on changing that) so I get a sense of acomplishment knowing that I want to be healthy not only for myself and my children, but also because what I'm doing NOW will help someone else continue with their life once I'm gone. I want as much as possible to be taken out of me and given to someone else. And then I want to be put in a bio urn!
I'm sharing this here because I know I won't get the religious replies I'm trying to avoid in Facebook groups (god bless you, you will go to heaven, etc etc etc blah blah blah)

GeekLeen 7 Dec 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

20 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Being and organ donor wouldn't work for me. I've already got Hank William's liver.

When my hubby died, he donated his corneas, various tissues, some bones, and ligaments. I wish his organs were viable.
The only bad part of the process was the 30 minute conversation that wanted to know every detail of his life and habits.

I am proud to be an organ donor as well! Religious people want to live forever in heaven, I just want to give life to others!

My body will go to wherever science needs it.

Ever since they placed the organ donor signature section on the Drivers License I have signed it. BUT! as of last year! I have decided to have an organ donor card on me at all times. The one exception is there is a section that has specific donor sites. In that one I have donated my PENIS to the Democratic Party! HELL! I figure, that if nothing else, it will insure, that the Deomcratic party will be able to fuck us all properly ! It's the lest I could do!

I also am an organ donor. My opinion is that everyone definitely should.

My mother always said she would donate her eyes so that a person would have the ability to see their grandchildren (can you tell she loved her grandchildren). When my mom passed, her corneas were donated to a recipient. That recipient was a grandmother who saw her grandchildren for the first time. So yeah, harvest what you can and donate to science and/or bio urn it.

congrats.

No matter your age, you can donate organs and other stuff

[livescience.com]

[organdonor.gov]

why would anyone want to live longer?

what do you do when you get too tired to work and run out of money?

Too bad more people are not so hung up on being a pretty corpse, that they won't let anyone use their no longer needed parts !

I'm an organ donor too. Give blood when I can also. I can still be alive for that !

I’m with you 100%, bro.

Organ donor. One way to achieve life after death.

see that would be a perfect answer for the other question, what your legacy will be? right?

I love this quote.

I knew a fella that was an identical twin. The sperm bank paid him $40 a whack to donate for genetic study. Damn what a sweet deal for a poor young college student. Drank many a cold beer made possible by donations. His beer. His donations to be clear.

Pun intended. If I was a twin I probably flushed 6 figures

I am an organ donor also. My hope is that advancements in treating people with a lifetime of drug and alcohol abuse and neglect to health and general self destructive behavior might benefit from studying my parts. .. Had I ever imagined I would live this long I would have taken better care of myself. Miraculously my mind is hanging in there pretty well. So I have that going for me.

I just want to be fed to carnivores/scavengers who can make use of the high quality, top end protein (don't - just don't). Doesn't need to be Homo sapiens.

Can I use you as shark bait if you go first. If I am first to exit feel free to put me on a hook or just grind me into chum

I'm with you on this

Everyone should be an organ donor. There is no reason not to be one.

I've been told that I need to revoke my willingness to donate status (on my driver's license) due to my having had EppsteinBarr virus and HepA, that those coukd likely infect an immunosuppressed recipient.

@zester, the people who are in charge of these things know best of what to do with donations. Your body comes with your medical records. They will know what, and who, can or cannot use parts of you. Don’t revoke, change. Give yourself to science instead. And when you donate, it’s not just organs. It’s skin, bones, eyes, scalp, sinew. Our students need cadavers to learn, and practice, on.

Well done. In our country we are presumed to be organ donors unless we opt otherwise. I Feel a little worn out already so not sure if my bits will be much use to others.

Used to give blood and would have considered other forms of assistance if required.

Thank you. I hope you're also on the bone marrow registry. I'm not an organ donor because I am a cancer survivor and my history of lymphoma disqualifies me. I will, however, donate my body for research.

Doing good is its own reward. No need for God's blessing or heavenly compensation. And don't beat yourself up for not doing more with your life; so long as you're doing something you find valuable (and aren't hurting anyone), I think that's all that really matters.

I understand @GeekLeen, and I'm sure you'll find your path. It sounds like you're motivated to blaze your own trail, if need be, and I have every confidence you'll succeed. 🙂

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:6403
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.