Agnostic.com

3 9

LINK Satanic Temple's holiday display coming back to Illinois Capitol rotunda

According to the organization’s website, Sol Invictus is a “celebration of being unconquered by superstition and consistent in the pursuit of sharing knowledge,” and has its origins in the cult of Sol in pre-Christian Rome.

“This year’s tradition marks a greater urgency in the Baphomet’s message of harmony and reconciliation,” Satanic Temple’s director of campaign operations Erin Helian said in a statement, obtained by the State Journal-Register.

snytiger6 9 Dec 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Abe told me it’s okay to use The Old Capitol’s grounds if they’d like. Kind of odd for him because Abe’s been dead for 156 years but he helped me smoke my pot.

I'm surprised my state has the balls to do that. SInce, it's so overiden by religion.

And let us not forget that Festivus (for the rest of us) is on December 23! I sure hope organizers plant a Festivus pole on the Capitol grounds at Springfield!

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:640434
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.