Agnostic.com

3 5

LINK Dr. Francis Collins: Outgoing NIH director says Trump and other Republicans pressured him to endorse unproven Covid-19 remedies and to fire Fauci - CNNPolitics

Washington (CNN)The outgoing director of the National Institutes of Health said Sunday that he faced political pressure from then-President Donald Trump and other Republicans to endorse unproven Covid-19 remedies such as hydroxychloroquine and to fire Dr. Anthony Fauci, the head of NIH's National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases.
Dr. Francis Collins, whose last day as NIH director is Sunday, told CBS News that he got a "talking to" by Trump, but that he held his ground and would have resigned if Trump made him endorse remedies for Covid-19 that were not based in science.

snytiger6 9 Dec 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I say to myself, "How come I am just hearing about this guy??"
Beause he could have stepped up AT THE TIME & gone public!!!!!!!

Yeah, I kind of thought the same thing.

Trump is evolutions biggest mistake.

Why are we not surprised by this “revelation?” Collins was able to do what Comey could not: maintain a clear distinction between his discipline and politics. Collins said, "I have done everything I can to stay out of any kind of political, partisan debates because it is really not a place where medical research belongs.” Unfortunately, all too many people in this country (and even some who post to this website) appear unable to make the same separation!

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:640448
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.