Agnostic.com

2 8

I’d be inclined to agree there..

Lordess 6 Dec 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Humans evolved from apes and are still apes.
We dominate the world.
We aren't much to look at in a physical fight with many creatures.
It's why police have dogs.
We don't have fangs, or claws, and we aren't particularly strong or agile.
What we are good at is teamwork.
That's our one super power, teamwork.
As a nation, as a business, as a family, as a military, as a church.

If you don't like your government quit both parties and vote for competent rational people that are concerned with the wellbeing of whatever group you identify with.

Remember there are groups where their leaders that have told you to take worm medicine for cattle and to drink bleach. These people advocate small government that's just big enough to investigate the morality of your decisions and hold you responsible for breaking their silly rules about who you have sex with and how you have sex with them. They know if they can tell you how to live your sex life you're stupid enough to give them complete control over your mind and your life. They also have an enemies list and if you advocate for gun control, or removal of the death penalty, or free education, or euthanasia for determined applicants then you may be on that list. People don't always tell you what they are thinking. They just see to it that you don't advance in life.

Read a little history about FDR and his effect on the economy and the living standard for all Americans consider the consequences if we don't find more people like that. A government has to reinvest in it's people, no person should be denied medical treatment due to lack of money. Someone has to kill the medical insurance industry by migrating into single payer medical coverage as it is in every other civilized country on Earth. It would be nice to afford a home again, work less hours, earn more money, and still be able to take vacations even if I'm battling cancer because even though it's not always a cure for cancer at least I won't see everything I've ever worked for fall into financial ruin due to the cost of medical care.

Expect people to act with respect for one another. Try to let people know you're on their team and maybe they'll be on yours. Quit trying to "other" everyone. Everyone participates, every American, together or apart we all share in one another's losses and victories.

But mostly, quit telling everyone not to trust the government.
If we took down the government we would still have a government.
If a racist becomes president we will still have as many minorities and of the same colors as we always had, no body is going away, and no body is giving anything back to their country when instead of participating you talk behind it's back and claim it's corrupt.

As a veteran of the United States Navy I still have some fight in me.

Thank you for your service. I respect every individual that has made that choice and sacrificed their time/life to do so, whatever their reasoning is for doing so. What motivated you to make such a choice?
I agree with 98% of your statements!
“no body is giving anything back to their country when instead of participating you talk behind it's back and claim it's corrupt.”
I’d beg to differ here…raising awareness is a form of giving back…it’s opens the door for conversation and solutions…
“Talk behind its back?” Yikes…
There is no “claim” here…
Corruption is FACT!

Change out 'government' for 'news' and it's even more spot on.

No. The news gets its stuff from the government.

@yvilletom that was my point. 🙂

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:640527
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.