Agnostic.com

4 3

Why his mumbo jumbo shows no logic anywhere

St-Sinner 9 Dec 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Being all powerful and all knowing, 'god' could have just changed the parameters of the experiment and made things completely different but instead we are asked to believe that 'god' is a mad scientist that just throws everything into the crucible and waits to see what happens with free will.
The logic is so inane and so maddening that it is a wonder that more people haven't seen through this hog wash. If the Earth and mankind are just some weird experiment then it was a hypothesis developed by a sick and twisted mind. Alternately, it's just a stupid story that was written by people who just a bit smarter than the stupid people that they told it to and who believed it.

What IS that, an elf?

The angel of death I think.

According to the book, it was actually god who. "Hardened Pharaoh's heart." So he took away Pharaoh's free will, in order to make it happen.

Well, then, GOD is responsible, right? Otherwise Pharaoh wouldn't have done it.
It makes no sense, which is why they call it nonsense.
But you knew that.

@Storm1752 Yep. Totally illogical.

Why didn't God simply will it to happen? Why bother with angels? Except the whole of the Exodus story is pure myth. Egypt never used Jews to build its pyramids and no evidence for Moses has ever come to light, at least according to Israeli archeologists.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't most Jews agnostic?
Pew Research found 12% attend synagogue and only 27% believe in the God of the Bible.

@Storm1752 Per Pew: "Secularism has a long tradition in Jewish life in America, and most U.S. Jews seem to recognize this: 62% say being Jewish is mainly a matter of ancestry and culture, while just 15% say it is mainly a matter of religion. " But the percentages for secular Jews in the US may be higher than the totality of Jews. I'd be curious to know, out of those 'secular' Jews how many still believe in God.

[pewforum.org]

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:641001
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.