Agnostic.com

9 1

Do open relationships really work?

Onetank78 4 Dec 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Sounds like a lot of work to me, it would probably kill me.

Ask Mr. Will Smith & Ms. Jada Picket Smith.

My observations are that almost any sort of relationship can work so long as it embodies respect, openness and honesty. Without those, not even the narrow restricting binary relationship will work.

Not for long

bobwjr Level 10 Dec 25, 2021

I met two who said happier than ever. I can imagine it working out for pragmatic people, not for starry-eyed gals who live in the la la land of my prince, my photos, my ring and my pda.

I saw one work for 50 years, till one of them died. Then the others continued. Seems to have worked

@Onetank78 opinion?

@Onetank78 expertise?

@Onetank78 yes, been there, done that, didn't work, never doing it again. 😔 I'm not sure that qualifies as an open relationship though.

The one I was exposed to is still going strong. It appeared to me that it took a lot of work. In fact, I heard the guy tell his wife one day that she needed to look for a boyfriend because it was really hard to take care of two women and he wasn't talking about sex.

He takes care of both financially?

@ChurchLess no but he does honeydews for both of them.

@Lorajay Liquid poop is called honeydew and it is excreted by insects feeding on the sugar-rich plant sap called phloem. Examples of sap-feeding insects that produce honeydew include aphids, some scale insects, mealybugs, whiteflies and some kinds of galls.

@ChurchLess dang voice text. You know I meant honey dos.

@ChurchLess I have an oak tree with a huge gall on it.
[photos.app.goo.gl]

for an open relationship to be considered working, what "working" is would need another scheme than what is typical in this society. in this society commitment usually carries an expectation of certain exclutivites and inclusions and sharings etc. inconsistent with "open". then another bunch will say "be happy, carry on, live now!" So, maybe it's just a style thing.

Whores will be whores.

@Onetank78 their husbands are probably in an open relationship and that leaves them with time on their hands.

@Onetank78 husband's aren't supposed to be jealous when they're in an open relationship LOL

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:641315
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.