Agnostic.com

7 6

LINK What Happens to Your Brain When You Stop Believing in God

From the article...

My belief in God didn't spontaneously combust—it faded. I lost my virginity at 16. I stopped going to church. I snuck out past curfew. As punishment, my mom made me memorize Bible verses, and I recited them like recipes.

snytiger6 9 Jan 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My brain told my mouth to say “Fuck God”.

My mouth obeyed and asked my brain, “What took you so long?”

That was a very good article on that link.

You think better

Interesting that music has this effect, also. I shared on Z's Rag but doubt anyone will read it. Nobody reads anything that I share.

I stopped believing in god (which god, by the way?) and my brain started to function. Too easy!

I never believed in an invisible deity. IQ: 147. Master degree.

Lucky you. Some of us were worn into religion, and went along even though we had doubts to keep family harmony.

From Google: "A study published in the journal Neuropsychologia has shown that religious fundamentalism is, in part, the result of a functional impairment in a brain region known as the prefrontal cortex. ... Fundamentalist groups generally oppose anything that questions or challenges their beliefs or way of life."

A link between brain damage and religious fundamentalism has now been established by scientists

[salon.com]

So when you stop, you begin to heal.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:642941
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.