Agnostic.com

2 11

A third of the country is literally living in a fantasy world now. Pretty much everyone has some blind spots, but never thought I'd see a shared mass delusion like this in my life. It's not going to end well. "CNN reporter Donie O'Sullivan was left stunned by Trump supporters who seriously believe that the FBI organized the January 6th riots at the United States Capitol building":

[rawstory.com]

Druvius 8 Jan 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

isn't shared mass delusion much of what being human is all about? people think what they wish, want, fear etc. We set our expectations accordingly.

That seems to be a common trait of most humans.

@BD66 all really.

A Third of the country is way too low:

8 in 10 Americans believe an angels:

[cbsnews.com]

48% of Americans ask for favors every day from their imaginary friend in the sky:

[vox.com]

We have a President who thinks he is going to cure cancer:

NASA says we are going to Mars, but they can't even send someone back to the moon.

[nasa.gov]

Should I go on?

BD66 Level 8 Jan 4, 2022

Don't forget the US Space Force farce, that has not a single 'starship', not even the means to go into orbit!

No, those aren't the same as thinking Trump won the election or that the FBI staged the Jan 6 attack. Believing in superstitious nonsense is different than believing in an alternate reality.

@Druvius Could you explain the difference?

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:643130
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.