Agnostic.com

9 4

Anyone else a cord cutter?

I haven't had cable for 4 years, just Netflix and rabbit ears. I personally got sick of high cost and crappy service.

Anyone else?

SteveB 7 Dec 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Never had cable, but do have internet.

I am not a cord cutter, but that's only because I never had a cord to begin with. We never had cable as a child, and as an adult I never saw the point in $100+ a month for 100 channels of stuff I won't watch when I can get 7 channels of stuff I won't watch for free.

d_day Level 7 Dec 3, 2017

never for me. I do use the internet though

I've been thinking about it. I just dropped the HBO, Movie Channel, and the other prim services and only got a $10/month decrease in cost. I watch a lot of sports, I'm concerned they would go away if I get rid of TV. Mine is a cost concern, the service quality is OK.

Yep, for about five years, I think... Had NetFlix and Hulu. Amazon Prime starting streaming vid somewhere along the way. We dropped Hulu (H had nothing that NF did not also have) and added in HBO Now solely to watch "Game of Thrones".

Funny. We used satellite before cutting (rabbit ears are pointless out here). After cutting, we had Charter run a cable for using their internet. We got weekly calls to add in Charter cable, which got tiresome. Eventually a rep asked what it would take for us to switch to cable. Two words: Quality Programming. That was years ago. Charter has not called us since!

Zster Level 8 Dec 3, 2017

All I have are Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, and HBO now. No need for cable for me

I cut the cord about a year ago. Just have Netflix and Amazon Prime. Can't say I really miss the other and definitely love saving the money.

Me too, just Netflix and Amazon Prime.

If it wasn't for my wife insisting on having cable TV, I would have cut the cord a long time ago. Cox Cable's service is abysmal, their channel packaging options suck, and they gouge you at every opportunity.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:6436
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.