Agnostic.com

5 3

Narcissism and Astrology: [psychologytoday.com]

Krish55 8 Jan 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I also enjoy contemplating on others through the sun/moon/rising combination. However, recently I have found the concept of the Midheaven placement in a chart fascinating. After exploring the charts of many of my friends and family the accuracy identified with their careers and paths has been undeniable. For example a Midheaven in Capricorn indicates suggests a greater stubbornness to succeed in something, to gain respect and recognition throughout the career, as well as a greater willingness to decide how things should be. Progress may be a little more difficult, slow-going and cautious, but when approached correctly through their hard work and structured actions, success comes about surely but slowly, just as top-echelon positions do, over the course of time. And if these people's ambitions do not get that far, they can certainly still be good managers, coordinators, supervisors or heads of departments. Somehow, having greater autonomy tends to be important and these people usually climb up to some higher position in an almost automatic fashion. You can find out more about it using the website trulydivine.com

If it is associated with, " higher narcissism and lower intelligence". Why don't I believe in it ?
Got you there !

Anything which has to do with self is slightly narcissistic (today's favorite word). Meditation can be called that by this standard but I'm not buying it. We all need some fun things and astrology hurts nobody (unless you're POTUS and listening to your wife's Medium). The Moon might have some affect but not the stars.

I would agree astrology feeds narcissistic behaviour as it focuses on the self. I think it is a mistake to say a lack of intelligence per say. Need to be more specific, it's a lack of emotional intelligence.
The moon definitely seems to affect people in a cyclic way eg predictable. I suppose that is not really astrology though.
A monk wanted to tell my fortune so wanted my birth date and time. I told him and after he crunched the numbers and started talking, I informed him that that was Australian time and we were in a different time zone, so more number crunching. Then I told him about daylight savings...............
Fun afternoon.

puff Level 8 Jan 8, 2022

There is no scientific evidence for this pseudo science. But I love it as a novelty. The current controversy is the advent of a 13th sign. Ophiuchus. Throws a big wrench into the nonsense. I am guilty of enjoying how often character of some people match what their sun/moon sign dictates. I put little credence in astrology but I also like art work related to it. It is just a fun aside for me.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:643960
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.