Agnostic.com

4 3

LINK Opinion: The Pope is wrong. Choosing to have few or no children is the opposite of selfish - CNN

(CNN)Pope Francis' comments that couples opting for pets instead of children were acting selfishly, has reinvigorated an important and timely debate about the future of our species. The pontiff's comments, however, are wholly wrong.

snytiger6 9 Jan 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Apparently, the Pope doesn't realize or care that the planet is over populated. If humanity wants to see the next century, the few or no children option is a good idea. Since, I don't want to be a father I think it's a good idea.

If we don't have excess children, how can we stone them according to Biblical injunctions? And won't the Pope's priests be frustrated by the lack of fresh meat?

Yeah, that decision was kind of selfish. So what? I was, and remain, happier for it.

When I was in college I escaped that slavery. The pope then was wrong in the same way and greedy-selfish too. He wanted more slaves contributing to his expensive lifestyle. One of his female slaves insisted to me that he was doing the right thing. My father was one of his lifelong slaves.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:644295
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.