Agnostic.com

2 3

LINK Top Federal Reserve official resigns after trades revealed

Richard Clarida, the second highest official at the Federal Reserve, will resign early after new details of his trading activity early in the pandemic were revealed.

His term as vice-chair was to end January 31; he will instead step down January 14.

Why it matters: Questionable trading activity by a handful of top officials undermined the central bank's reputation for ethical behavior.

Catch up quick: In late February 2020, with the markets going haywire as coronavirus arrived in the U.S. — and the Fed beginning its efforts to prop up markets and the economy — Clarida bought stocks.

When the trades were revealed in 2021, the Fed initially explained them as part of routine portfolio rebalancing.
As the New York Times first reported last week, he had also sold the same fund a few days earlier as markets were falling, suggesting the trades were more tactical.
snytiger6 9 Jan 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Well, at least he had the decency to resign........oh, wait, was it to avoid prosecution? I luuuuv me some Prosecution!!!!

How do you get your text to go off the page like that?

He copied and pasted something and it came out that way. I've had it happen, I was annoyed by it.

@barjoe Oooohhhh, I always wondered about that. Thanks.

@Lauren Me too! Thanks @barjoe!

@barjoe I'll confirm that is exactly jow it happens.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:644533
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.