Agnostic.com

2 7

I ran across this passage I had never heard of before...

1 Samuel 18

24 When Saul’s servants told him what David had said, 25 Saul replied, “Say to David, ‘The king wants no other price for the bride than a hundred Philistine foreskins, to take revenge on his enemies.’” Saul’s plan was to have David fall by the hands of the Philistines.

26 When the attendants told David these things, he was pleased to become the king’s son-in-law. So before the allotted time elapsed, 27 David took his men with him and went out and killed two hundred Philistines and brought back their foreskins. They counted out the full number to the king so that David might become the king’s son-in-law. Then Saul gave him his daughter Michal in marriage.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Charming. Ah, yes, the inspired word of God almighty.

racocn8 9 Jan 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Imagine how demented someone has to be to build a religion around penis mutilation.

Unbelievable

Imagine again that foreskins were once actually a money system.

nothing says "i love your daughter more" than a philistinian phoreskin.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:645028
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.