Agnostic.com

3 1

Should he be denied the opportunity to make the world better??

I don't know what it is about this morning. But some of the news stories are "disturbing" to me. However, for the first time in a long time they don't have to do with the ridiculous politics of today.

This one is thought provoking to me;

[yahoo.com]

My first thoughts are;

1. What he did is evil, vile and not "forgiveable".
  2. No man can change his past decisions.
  3. Taking the risks of being the first to try an experimental procedure is not the same as being given "skittles and beer".
  4. Everyone should be given the opportunity to make the world a bit better no matter their past, even if that past is so vile it can not be compensated for.

Your thoughts?? I'd like to know ......

Normanbites 7 Jan 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

He will not doubt not live long but do a lot for future recipients. Regardless of his past, as a progressing Congestive Heart Failure patient I thank him.

1. I no longer eat pigs as they are too evolved & very compatible with human physiology
  2. Making restitution for past infringements
  3. Providing himself for experimentation advances or knowledge
  4. Thusly we might study extreme offenders instead of the government killing them.

A sentence of subjection to medical experimentation does sound like a suitable and harsh punishment for certain vile offenses. But I would fear the "capitalistic" nature of our system. To gain more test subjects, such sentences might be imposed for jaywalking.

@Normanbites Actually consent is needed to access study & experiments upon prisoners. Consent is paramount lest we become Nazis.

@Mooolah Yes, currently that is the case. I was responding to the suggestion it be applied as a penalty.

I see nothing wrong here. Science will go ahead in this direction.

Human civilizations we have around the world were homes of natural life including wild life, that has tipped the environmental balance, killed millions of animals, made many animal, bird and sea lives instinct, we explode nuclear bomb tests in the ocean that kills huge sea life. Human activity since the beginning is about surviving. Tomorrow infant babies will receive organs, lives will be saved. There are moral police out there who will rage a debate, all will be vetted out and the right practices will continue.

At my level, neither I have to be bothered personally nor am I interested in participating in public debate. There are experts and groups dedicated professionally to vet this out. I will fulfill my responsibility if I obey the laws and pay my taxes honestly that will build hospitals, roads, schools etc. That is a bigger civic duty I will prefer.

If we could blindly trust our government, I would agree. But history shows (even US history) that is not a wise proposition.

@Normanbites

We should read, we should think, we should make choices, certainly not trust the government. What I have read about this surgery does not suggest to me that I should oppose. I have not seen anything objectionable in here.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:645144
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.