Agnostic.com

8 5

LINK Christian Leaders Say Pig-to-Human Heart Transplant Is Ethical: 'We Should All Cheer' - Michael Foust

A prominent theologian and a well-known bioethicist say they see no ethical problems with the world’s first successful (genetically modified) pig-to-human heart transplant – and they both believe the field holds much promise for the future of medical science.

snytiger6 9 Jan 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

As a person with progressing Congestive Heart Failure this is exciting news!!!!

Cue the religious right. 'Violating God's Design? Baptist Leader Warns of 'Ominous' Biblical and Ethical Concerns Over Pig Heart Transplant': [www1.cbn.com]

Well most of that crowd already possess a pigs brain, so a heart was naturally the next progression!? 😊

So, is God a pig?

Well, I'd say the one depicted in the Old Testament qualifies...

@phxbillcee The old testament god is more of a jackal.

New problem now. If the man gets resurrected does he get to keep the pig heart? If by some chance the pig gets resurrected does he get his old heart back? If that happens then suddenly the man has no heart. I'm not talking ethics. I'm talking Christian dumberology.

I have real ethical questions about this even though I’m a meat eater. I hope the rest of the carcass wasn’t wasted.

I understand that the animal had been genetically modified awaiting this event. I imagine rest of the animal has been thoroughly examined before disposal, for other potential uses in future cases

"Ethics" would open a whole new window!

In the article: * Mohler listed a few ethical guardrails for xenotransplantation. Nothing, he wrote, “must be allowed” to “alter the basic human genome.”

That metaphorical cat is already out of the metaphorical bag. Source: Walter Isaacson’s bio The Code Breaker of Jennifer Doudna.

Sadly the pig had to give it's life for a human to live.

Some people! do not appreciate sarcasm, but I think that is hilarious!
besides the pig had no money and the recipient is now a "guinea pig" Ironic!

That's called bacon!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:645167
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.