Agnostic.com

8 7

LINK God is Imaginary - 50 simple proofs

If anyone actually reads (and comprehends) all 50 of these, they will either change to a more secular view of they will be lying to themselves.

bier4u 3 Apr 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

In my opinion the fifty arguments are fatuous and off-base, ignoring the basic facts of our existence as consciously aware beings.They are kindergarten arguments, addressed to kindergarteners, a metaphorical food fight.

No need to use the word “God” if you don’t like it— after all, the word has been horribly debased by organized religion. Words are just words, but regardless, there remains in our realm some very heady mysteries of staggering implication that merit our attention and awe.

I did a post awhile back on this as well.

I cannot even think of a point that shows god to be real , Any statement asserting this point is just whacked out. No need to tell them Santa is dead yet, They still have not received their big present

EMC2 Level 8 Apr 23, 2018

My attacks are better

Unfortunately, none of these are "proofs". Strong indicators, yes, but they do not meet the requisites of a proof. They cannot be defended any more than believers can defend the opposite notions.

I agree that the posits as presented would certainly cause anyone who is moderately rational in their thinking to rethink and perhaps reject their previous beliefs, but the keyword is "rational". We are dealing with people who have rejected rational thought when it comes to their religious beliefs and are already lying to themselves. For them, all of this will appear to be nothing more than the work of the enemy, of Satan; a demonic attack on their beliefs and their only choice is to double down.

I like this guy

Coldo Level 8 Apr 23, 2018

"For as I was passing through and observing the objects of your worship, I even found an altar on which was inscribed: TO AN UNKNOWN GOD."

Good job! I tweeted the link.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:64585
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.