Agnostic.com

7 16

LINK Lawsuit: Taxpayer-funded adoption agency in TN won't place kids with Jews

A Jewish couple in Tennessee is suing the state’s Department of Children’s Services alleging religious discrimination by a state-funded agency that claimed their “Christian” beliefs prohibited them from working with Jews. The saddest thing about it is that a recent state law pushed through by Republicans said this sort of bigotry is perfectly acceptable.

snytiger6 9 Jan 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

State law doesn't over ride federal law, so take them to court for the right and for the cost of the suit. They may lose at the state level, but should win at the federal district court. That is blatant prejudice.

It makes to this Supreme Court, they're going to rule on favor of the state.

My non religious beliefs prevents me from paying taxes to evil Christians.
Legalized bigotry should swing both ways.

Just another piece of the bigot program. What's next concentration camps for all the undesirables. People think us 'liberals' take people's freedoms away but just wait until a fascist government comes along.

What most people don't know a form of the sect refer to themselves as 'cultural' Jews (basically atheist). "there appears to be a growing number of Jews who identify themselves as cultural or secular rather than religious." [thejc.com] I guess that would make them doubly despised.

My ex-wife was raised by Jews. My own Grandmother was Jewish. The kids are prob'ly getting lucky. In the case of my Grandmother I joke.

Time for a lawsuit. As expensive as possible.

That's a load of crap. All should be able to adopt children no matter what there belief system is.

Incredibly fucked up and wrong.

And some people wonder why I'm an anti-theist.
JFC
😡

Good reason why organized religion needs to be shutdown. The Bigots need to be sued over their beliefs, and lose their public money.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:646289
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.