Agnostic.com

5 0

When people call something weird, the something really isn't weird. It may be unorthodox, unusual, out-of-the-ordinary.

Or it may merely be interesting, which is something Americans avoid like a dog turd dipped in anthrax.

"Weird" is what people with narrow frames of reference and a lack of curiosity and imagination call the aforementioned things.

It's the product of being raised on a diet of pure shit.

Toonman 6 Jan 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Normal is weird

puff Level 8 Jan 30, 2022

No. Normal is boring.

A little old lady who lives down the road was walking her dog and we exchanged niceties as we passed and I stopped and gave he dog a pat on the head, when suddenly out of the blue she spouts off. 'You're a nice man but you are so weird'
I smiled and said 'Why Thank You' which was clearly not the response she was expecting so I clarified for her 'Have you seen the behavior and manners of most of the people on this island, I would hate to be considered Normal' Since then she just nods or gives me a weak wave when we cross paths.

That's why I try to make my first response "interesting." The unusual interests me. That which is conventionally "beautiful" isn't as interesting as the unusual.

Supernatural or uncanny? Perhaps people should use uncanny more than suggesting something supernatural.

weird
/wird/
Learn to pronounce
adjective
suggesting something supernatural; uncanny.

un·can·ny
/ˌənˈkanē/
Learn to pronounce
adjective
strange or mysterious, especially in an unsettling way.

Word Level 8 Jan 29, 2022

Not what I'm talking about, but thank you for dropping by.

Or the entire concept could be semantical nonsense... Isn't that like someone saying, "You should NEVER say hate; say you strongly dislike"?

No.

I hate it when people do that.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:647838
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.