Agnostic.com

3 4

Starting in August 1619 in Jamestown Virgina, white Europeans began building a raciest nation using the enslaved labor of people of color. Despite a civil war and a decades long civil rights movement, its influence and legacy continues. So I am amazed that when ever a situation arises which white people feel their dominance over people of color is being questioned or attacked, they squeal like stuck pigs.

creative51 8 Jan 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

To insist that European explorers of the era were racist (believed their particular ancestry was superior) goes without saying. The same might be said of any and all cultures of the age, regardless of ethnic origin.

@creative51 The Declaration of Independence was more an anti-monarchy document than a foundational one. Even the Constitution with its Bill of Rights was a statement intended for white male property owners of the time.

We are all constantly reinventing our mythologies, and while we might like to think of the Framers, including my avatar, as enlightened, they most certainly were not by today’s standards. Personally, I view the Universal Declaration of Human Rights as a more foundational document than even our own Bill of Rights.

My original point was that every ethnic group tends to view their ancestral heritage in a way that is most profound and exceptional.

White grievance and white fragility. As much as these phrases have been denounced, they are obviously spot-on. Trump, Limbaugh, Carlson and the rest of the Fox racists opened the closet door and all the progress that had been made, has been largely rolled back. Putin loves it, but we have so many fucked up racists who are happy to have his help.

It really does scream HOAX. It's the fear of becoming the enslaved race when whites lose majority power that really bugs them.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:648187
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.