Agnostic.com

4 25

Reported the abusive male trainer and quit my Census job.

I feel relieved. Feels like I'm recovering from a physical and mental battle.

Yesterday I spent two hours on the phone getting the runaround. "Who do I call to resign from my job?" I don't know. Try this department. Asked fourteen Admin. staff members. Also got stuck on answering machine gerbil tracks with no option to speak to someone.

Guess people don't often quit government jobs.

"Ask your supervisor" is in every Census email. Only spoke to my supervisor once before she retired in December. Didn't get a new supervisor. It was frustrating to have no one to answer my questions.

Gave up calling and sent multiple emails. "Please forward this email to someone who can help me resign and cancel my training early next week in Burbank, California." Summarized my reasons for quitting.

At day's end, I got a call from Diane, Western Region supervisor in Los Angeles. Love Diane. She listened, empathized, and checked to make sure I entered all of my hours on the payroll website. She asked me to work for the Census again.

On Monday Diane will mail a prepaid shipping label to return the Census computer. I hated that computer. Although it was touch screen, we were warned to NEVER touch the screen. Constant crashing and restarting. Glad to see it go.

Officially Reported the Abusive Male Trainer

As a retired human resources director, I knew exactly how to write the report.

Last week, I reported the abusive male trainer and sent it to the Harassment and Intimidation department. The director asked me to copy and paste my email onto an official report document. I did and electronically signed. There were ten witnesses in the class. The director thanked me.

I wrote a post about the trainer's inappropriate behavior last week:

Dreadful last four days. The male trainer was abusive.

LiterateHiker 9 Feb 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Glad you reported it but sad that we haven't gotten much progress on this BS.

Sad that this has had to happen. Find someone to give you a long hug. I'd offer one and time to listen to you, but I'm a few thousand miles away.

good that you reported it

I worked for the 2000 Census in Overland Park, KS. I found it fun. I was a SAHM then. It was great until my kids got out of school for the summer and the youngest barfed on the floor as I was heading out for an appointment, so I knew that wasn't going to work out for us. But I got to know the area so much better.

I am glad you got connected to the right person, and got some satisfaction. I hope they get rid of that manager. Some people should not be put in positions to manage other people. There is totally no excuse for his behavior. Now you're free to move on to other adventures.

@HippieChick58

I'm sure the trainer will be removed from his position. He won't be a trainer again. Don't know if he will be fired.

On the report, I also wrote the trainer, Jeff, repeatedly yelled at a male classmate, Lee, for not speaking loudly enough when called upon.

Jeff told us he has a hearing loss. He wore no hearing aid.

@LiterateHiker The yelling for not speaking loud enough, OMG, how whiny baby. If you KNOW you have a hearing loss it kinda obligates you to get it checked out. When I got HAs 3ish years ago, my employer discovered my hearing loss and part of staying employed was to get HA. It made an amazing amount of difference. I don't "like" wearing HA, but I do like a) being employed, and b) actually being able to hear and understand those I'm talking to. I have no patience with entitled males, and this dude sounds really the worst of entitled and an a**hole besides.

I concur with @OldMetalHead. I remember from basic training, they would yell first. Not any way to treat adults.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:649103
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.