Agnostic.com

4 1

LINK Satanists will head to Scottsdale for annual conference, SatanCon 2022

Satanists from across the country will converge on Old Town Scottsdale next year for The Satanic Temple's first convention.

The move comes a year after the temple lost a federal lawsuit against Scottsdale alleging religious discrimination because a member of the Arizona chapter was not allowed to give an invocation at a City Council meeting in 2016.

The temple appealed the ruling, but the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit upheld the lower court's decision this spring.

The city claimed at the time that the group was turned away because it had no significant ties to Scottsdale. But the temple announced Tuesday on its Instagram page that SatanCon 2022 will take place from Feb. 11-13 at the Saguaro Hotel in Old Town.

snytiger6 9 Feb 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My stepson is living there, maybe he can attend and send me a report! LOL

Great place to have it! I hope right next to a few churches!

If, i lived there, I might be tempted to go. Just for the fun of it.

I'm in a unique position to get up and be there by morning and am very tempted. I hope they burn the town down.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:650053
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.