Agnostic.com

3 3

LINK A Melania Trump event is being investigated after promising proceeds to a charity that doesn't appear to exist, report says

A charity event hosted by Melania Trump is being investigated after organizers said a portion of ticket proceeds would go to a charity that doesn't appear to exist, The New York Times reported.

Trump is due to appear at a "high tea" event in April in Naples, Florida, which organizers say will "benefit Fostering the Future, a Be Best initiative," which gives computer science scholarships to those aging out of the foster care system.

Regular tickets cost $3,000 and limited VIP tickets cost $50,000 each. It's unclear what percentage of the proceeds will go to charity.

According to The New York Times, no charity with the name "Fostering the Future" or "Be Best" is registered in Florida.

snytiger6 9 Feb 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

BB Bitch: My name is right there in the charity's name.
Investigator: That says Melanoma Society.
BB Bitch: Tsk. Those jokers always misspell my name.

Why don’t they just call it “fill my pockets so I can dump Trump” charity?

The paper work is "in the mail/works."

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:650406
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.