Agnostic.com

4 2

LINK Greg Locke's witch hunt is even worse than it looks

Over the weekend, Christian hate-preacher Greg Locke, fresh off his book-burning bonfire, began a literal witch hunt at Global Vision Bible Church. He told his congregation that he knew of six witches who were members of his church… and he planned to expose them.

While many online joked about how Locke was laying the groundwork to reject possible allegations that may one day come out against him (for which there’s no evidence), there’s something much more sinister at play here.

Even if you think, as I do, that Locke is just trying to arouse anger in his church members, who need to be perpetually outraged to feel like they’re getting their money’s worth, this particular line of attack is more than just creating a bogeyman.

Locke was essentially reminding church members that they must be obedient to him or else they’re acting against God’s wishes. Dissenters are controlled by Satan. Dissenters have a “Jezebel spirit.” Dissenters must be witches.

snytiger6 9 Feb 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Back to The Dark Ages...I'm gladder every day that I'm old........

On FB I said to expect people burning to start at anytime now. Single females and lesbians will be the first targets of hate and possibly violence.

Another reason I'm glad to be an Atheist for last four years in 2 days.

It is great fodder for comics but a very serious issue. America has a general addiction problem. Some to substances and some to other people. Those who hold such addictions are just made more accessible by the inter-tubes.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:650974
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.