Agnostic.com

1 11

Oh I feel so bad now.
Henry and family have been "bird-sitting" my budgie, Cloud, since last Monday and she was returned home to me this morning amid tears aplenty from Henry who idolises her even after these few short days.
Somehow though, Cloud has learned a few NEW phrases during her 'holiday away from home' .
Before she left her vocab was limited to "Shit", " No" and " Shut Up."
Now in a mere 6 days she calls out "Henry," "Dougal" the name of their dog and is able to whistle about the first two bars of 3 of Henry's favourite tunes.
To cheer Henry up as best I could I PROMISED him that ANY time I need to go away or go into hospital ever again HE will be Chief Budgie Sitter.

Triphid 9 Feb 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

As a teen my family were going camping with some other families for some reason my brother and I did not got.
I was budgie sitting one of the families budgie (they had three young girls) this budgie could already talk.
So my brother and his friends tried to teach it to swear. I spent the weekend talking to the budgie and taking him everywhere with me, even on my bike to go and visit a friend. Just to make sure he didn't.
Once they have learnt to mimic they pick up new words/sounds quickly.

You're not joking, Cloud seems to becoming quite a proficient "copy-cat" since I was woken up with what, at first, I thought was the sound of my 'land-line' ( I programmed it to play a specific and distinctive piece of music knows as the "Baby Elephant Walk", then it stopped and re-started, I managed to climb out of bed only to find that it was Cloud making the sound, presumably because the light material cover had somehow slipped off of her copious and well 'furnished' cage

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:651626
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.