Agnostic.com

3 4
Mansplaining, mansplained!
Organist1 8 Feb 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Ironically, this is the quintessence of right-wing humour.

How so?

@Organist1 red necks here post Sears's conservative anti-vaxxer skits which is how I know of him.

The skit isn't funny and rather than condemn the inherent misogyny it merely amplifies and encourages it.

References to mansplaining usually occur during femsplaining.

I normally experience it out of the blue.

Another sick example of paternalism (which includes interruptions). It was embarrassing to watch. All that is missing is the wide leg stance.

Interruptions, lol! Yes, men talking over women...oh, boy, where do I begin? And yet, I am normally soft-spoken, and don't like to raise my voice to be heard.

@Organist1 Problem is that works both ways. I have a female friend who gets upset when someone interrupts her but does it to others (me) all the time. Sometimes, when having a discussion with another, it's best to set some ground rules at the onset.

@Organist1 Its best to raise one's words and not one's voice.

@JackPedigo Applicable to men and women is the following. Marriage is like a deck of cards. In the beginning you have hearts which are usally followed by a diamond. In the end you wish you had a club and a spade.

@ASTRALMAX Unless one is being drowned out. 🙂

@JackPedigo Some people have just poor speech pragmatics in general.

@ASTRALMAX Not always the case.

@JackPedigo True, not always the case and some people do have great relationships.

@ASTRALMAX, @Organist1 Communication especially between men and women is always an issue. The best relationships often realize this and learn how to deal with it.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:651930
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.