Agnostic.com

4 0

LINK PD: Man puts woman in chokehold, kills her after she breaks into his home | St. Louis News Headlines | kmov.com

Not much information on this yet. Should the man be charged? He's been taken into custody.

FvckY0u 8 Feb 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Not enough information to yet to make a reasonable response.
Did they know each other?
Had they been involved?
Is there proof that she was a burglar and not invited in?
Was the force reasonable,?
What was his competence level in the force applied?
Was he a LEO?
What is the standard procedure in the jurisdiction?
Is this a check the box reaction by the PD in a lethal situation?
Is he being charged or just taken in for questioning?

An update they had a child together
[ksdk.com]

Yeah, I smell several fishy aspects

@glennlab looking like Aggravated Homicide to me....sorry for the child for sure

Using a chokehold seems excessive, but he could just as well have shot her. She broke into the wrong house. If unwelcome thieves broke into my house, I would want to be able to defend myself.

What are the castle laws there?

I am not able to view the link here in the UK. Just quickly looked up the Castle Laws.

In the state of Missouri if you reasonably believe your life is In danger, you can use deadly force in your own home. There must be more to this story.

From the title alone no. If you break into someones home you are putting your life at risk. The homeowner has every right to defend himself his home and his family. I didn't click the link, but hopefully this happened in a state where it's legal to defend yourself with lethal force.

Tejas Level 8 Feb 21, 2022

I see its Missouri, legally and moraly I think he'll be ok.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:651960
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.