Agnostic.com

5 1

Life lesson

Why is it good to be a Daddy's girl, but bad to be a Momma's boy?

VAL3941 8 Apr 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

No decision there...

Come back to me when you decide please ?

@VAL3941 I'll consider that...

@SpikeTalon Something else to consider.........Hmmm.....forgot what I was considering to tell you what to consider !

@VAL3941 Like, major bumsville there dude.

@SpikeTalon u Sorry it is my age, memory not what it used to be !

Human gender expectations. Men are supposed to be "manly", and women are supposed to be "gentle and protected".

But times they are a changing ?

@VAL3941 Maybe, maybe not lol

I place a high value on women... genuinely like them as people, but I was raised by a single mom with lots of sisters around. So I have a healthy respect for women. I think it's because the mama's boy connotation is really more likened to a wimpy kinda "boy." Runs to momma for protection from life and everything while a daddy's girl is seen more as the child of a doting father.

I Agree entirely with your assessment !

Engrained boys should be tough. Was a daddy's girl till puberty than everyhing changed. My father and I were never close again.

Why ! What happened when " he " reached puberty ?

My father treated me like a pariah-my sexuality made him angry and he got physically abusive

Because of sexism. The idea that a man is a mamas boy comes with the idea that he's sensitive and caring and values women in his life. These are equated with being 'less than manly'.

I know a mama's boy that is not caring and sensitive and cerainly does not value the women in his lif except his mothers.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:65230
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.