Agnostic.com

15 12

I live in the bible belt and it's getting worst being around those people who keep believing this is Christian American and calling me a bad person.

Sham73 3 Feb 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

15 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

NPR recently did a story a about how people are moving to places where people think as they do, as in places are becoming more right or more left wing all over the country. Here in the Pacific Northwest, the lefties are moving into Washington and Oregon, which the right wingers are moving to Idaho.

Move to Austin Texas. You can find support there from ACA.

I live in a very religious area of NC. No one, ever even asked my religious beliefs or lack thereof. I don't understand why you have such an issue.

Are you broadcasting a lack of belief and picking verbal fights?

None I been keeping to myself

@Sham73 So how do they know your thoughts?

They call you a bad person for doubting the existence of their genocidal maniac of a god? They are the bad ones, not you.

I pity you, young, single, without kids, and living in TX. Your dating pool is even worse, and more hostile, than mine.

Welcome. I have a lot of this in mid Missouri as for Christians thinking we are a Christian Nation and were founded as such. It simply is not true and I will tell them so. Far as I know I'm not called a bad person, but if I was I would instruct what to do with a rolling donut. 🙂

Besides not understanding you, their name-calling says they’re too dumb to ever understand you.

Just move to somewhere more peaceful? Life is too short to endure people you can't get on with.

Ryo1 Level 8 Feb 23, 2022

Welcome to the asylum. Enjoy your stay.

I live in southern Georgia, practically the heart of the bibble belt.
It's been a really long time since I've given a flying rat's ass what anyone thinks of me.
I've heard it all when it comes to believers telling me how awful I am.
Most of the time, I ignore those who feel so free in expressing their abject ignorance.
However, and solely depending on the mood I'm in at the time, I will engage.
Sometimes, I will ask them questions that expose how little they actually know about their religion and their "holy" book.
Other times, I'll just call them out on their hypocrisy.
Either way, I leave them knowing that I do not give a shit about them or their bullshit.

Don't be afraid of anyone like them.
They cannot threaten anything about your life.
They aren't paying your bills.
Be bold. Stay strong in who you are.
They can go fuck themselves.
😁

East Texas can be rough, Many of the open minded people leave the small towns and head into the cities to make a living, leaving the control of the rural areas to the less open and accepting. Welcome to our little group, you will find we are both open and accepting.

Welcome. Don't let them get under your skin. You are what you are. If people don't like you, tough cookie. They don't understand and you really don't need them to do so.

This is a good way to remind yourself of how truly messed up some of them are.

Welcome and STAND PROUD of who you are and what you stand for!!

I live in the heart of the Bible Belt and if there is one thing I have learned..."Dont cause yourself to BLEED when you're SURROUNDED BY SHARKS" ... Bait and hook is the name of the game.

Ya can put on some garments like these…….that’ll really get under their thin skin.

You should see the looks I get when I wear my t-shirt that says, "You are the result of 4 Billion years of evolutionary success.
ACT LIKE IT."

I like to look them right in the eye and ask if there's something I can help them with.
😁

@DaganCurie I like it!

@KKGator Awesome!! If it drives ‘em up a wall then good!!

Hello and welcome. You will find community here, if you are looking for it. But do not let that stop you spreading your search wider, you are certainly not alone if you are a sceptic, there are many more out there than it may seem at first glance.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:652311
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.