Agnostic.com

7 1

Is there still support for Putin in the US?

Being a German, I'd like to know if there are still people in the USA who actually applaud Putin, now that he has started an all-out war?
A few days ago Trump congratulated Putin and said that this recognition of the "people's republics" in the east end of Ukraine was a smart thing to do. Does Trump (and his fans) also think that war against Ukraine is a smart thing?

Matias 8 Feb 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I read that Russia accounts for 65% of Germany's natural gas imports. 65%! Doesn't this put your country in a rather disadvantaged position economically?

Ryo1 Level 8 Feb 24, 2022

Def at Mar-a-Lago!!!!

Putin supporters: Tulsi Gabbard, Tucker Carlson (the new Tokyo Rose) and Trump et al. Moscow Mitch and by extension, most of the Republican caucus. It will be interesting to see if Putin's rhetoric against Ukrainian Nazis generates any backlash among the Christian white nationalists.

@Matias That's true, they hate the "other side" of their own country"; the tribalism has become so extreme, nothing else matters. Tucker Carlson himself, I think is not a believer but an opportunist.

The White House is rather supportive

I think your question has been answered by Buttercup who has spouted all the relevant russian propaganda.

Why would anyone applaud starting a war unless that person has something to gain or enjoys the suffering of innocent people?

Why would any decent person support a warmongering despot like Putin?

I don't support Putin or violence in general but the US seeking to further expand their already global military presence was an obvious and deliberate provocation. The propaganda demonizing Putin is unrelenting now in an attempt to drum up support for further involvement. I also believe Biden cynically expects this to help him in the next election.

Please enlighten me how refusing to give Putin a guarantee that Ukraine would never be allowed to join NATO, was a "provocation". Putin has been sponsoring rebels in Ukraine since 2014. Putin is the provocateur here. Since Ukraine didn't let the eastern provinces go their own way and join Russia, he finally decided that, rather than nibble it up piece by piece, he might as well gobble the whole country now.

@Paul4747 Please show me where I said that.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:652424
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.