Agnostic.com

3 4

LINK In 2021, atheists made up only 0.1% of the federal prison population

There were 139,002 people in the U.S. federal prison system last year, and exactly 143 of them identified as atheists. Those self-described atheists made up a mere 0.1% of the federal prison population.

snytiger6 9 Feb 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Ummm, professing how Faith has made them change for the better is a Cornerstone of getting parolled, so don't bother believing That,

Atheists don't get religious exemptions, like time off to attend services and counseling, it's also away to curry favor.

I have to say though that I have read those sort of stats before, and they may always be skewed. Since prisoners come under a lot of pressure to sign up to religion, both from the parole system, and also from just plain boredom. Plus atheists generally come from higher earning and higher education groups, who are less likely to be pushed into crime. While I think that atheist are likely to be generally more honest, the figures for at least those who go into prison, probably are not quite as extreme as that.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:653219
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.