Agnostic.com

5 3

Saw this tonight in my local 7-Eleven. Has there ever been a more ironic product?

Hydrogen cyanide, formaldehyde, lead? Yes!!

Pesticides? I don’t put that crap in my body. πŸ˜‚

Apunzelle 7 Mar 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Formaldehyde is one of the chemicals the Koch brother wants everyone to use. Apparently he make a lot of it.

A bit off topic - I'm originally from Amish country, Lancaster, Pennsylvania. Tobacco while growing up was everywhere. In that part of the country it was lower grade pipe and cigar stuff. As those markets dried up, the tobacco fields dissapeared. Over the last decade, they have returned - some scientists created cigarette tobacco that can grow in a more temperate environment with genetics. So, the bastions of old school farming, the Amish, are using cutting edge GMO tobacco and their fields are back.

Cyanide is a organic product, saying something is organic actually tells you nothing.

I think that is the point she is trying to make, it is just not very clearly articulated.

@Fernapple Yes, one should read all labels. One's life may depend on it. Many companies care more about getting your dollar than about your life.

@Fernapple That’s not actually the point I’m trying to make. I think of organic as grown without pesticides. So the ironic/funny thing to me is not that something is labeled as organic β€” but that this labeling indicates cigarettes smokers have a hierarchy of which poisons they are OK with putting in their body.

@Apunzelle Yes that is what I thought you meant.

No one says you have to

THE most addictive substance known to man & cannabis is illegal. But you are in North Carolina.

Don't forget about sugar, the first gate way drug.

@GrooshStar You are correct. & now even more addictive with the franken sugar, high fructose corn syrup. Made in the laboratory to activate the pleasure zone in the brain.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:653809
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.