Agnostic.com

2 3

So another of my recent victories was to actively petition PBS's Masterpiece Theatre's production of Jane Austin's unfinished novel, SANDITON. Not a hit in the UK, we in the USA loved it. But we were so dissatisfied with the uncharacteristic ending that we mounted a movement to petition for a sequel which was not planned. Thousands of us campaigned for a sequel. We succeeded in securing 2 sequels. Tho actor & love interest Theo James will not be back as he makes more money making action films, I am so anticipating the new season. There are so few shows I become enraptured with as many were with Downton Abbey, this one captured me. I adore period pieces, and for some of us a happy ending is different for men than for women. Jane Austin was famous for her happy endings. The first production of SANDITON's ending left us all in tears. So unlike Ms. Austin's gift to us. We were just not going to permit this to occur and we convinced that with our membership in PBS, we had a right to request a more satisfying ending.....for women. This is a small win in a very trying time. Where something so insignificant as a television show can give some of us a few moments of respite. The costumes, the dialogue, the beauty of the scenery makes one swoon. And I don't swoon easily.

Mooolah 8 Mar 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I too love the period pieces. I paid for "Pride & Predjudice" (with Colin Firth) so I can watch it whenever I want!
Where could i find this piece now? I was totally unaware it was even a production!!!

PBS streaming.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:654023
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.