Agnostic.com

3 4

LINK How common are cardiovascular problems after COVID? : Shots - Health News : NPR

(This is a problem even for people who were healthy athletes of all ages with no history of heart problems before the pandemic.)

Robi Tamargo never worried much about her heart.

The 61-year-old had started running competitively in middle school, played Division 1 sports in college and kept up her exercise routine throughout her life, working out regularly at her local gym before work.

But that changed in the spring of 2020 — when she got COVID.

snytiger6 9 Mar 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Unfortunately very common along with long covid syndrome, neurological issues

Jim Fixx, the guy who popularized running, wrote the first book about it, and etc.died of a massive heart attack in his early-50's decades ago. "Congenital weakness" upon autopsy.
Why not blame that on Covid too, you idiot!!!

I thought the Jim Fixx autopsy showed his arteries were clogged up, due to cholesterol. That was when cholesterol because such a dietary concern, anyway.

I’ve had heart problems since I was 57. Life goes on until it doesn’t.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:654079
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.