Agnostic.com

26 4

What is your biggest deal breaker in a relationship?

For me it's trust. When you can't trust the other person in a relationship it's over. Trust includes lying and breaking pacts that you made with the other person.

ebdb 7 Apr 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

26 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Meaness, toward anyone, including animals.

Zster Level 8 Apr 24, 2018

I'm with you. Trust is a must.

I'd say trust as well but agree with meaness and definitely no to any type of violence!

Duplicity

Several things. Trust, intelligence, non religious, and not a trump or tea party supporter.

Trust.
I'd never enter a relationship with a religious person or a few other things, but trust is essental.

Beginning to date with a new potential mate, I seriously suggest to her that she run a background check on me. I want her to be completely confident that I am who I say I am. But you can't use just a single background check source. I found out that one source had me listed as still being married. WTF?

I've been in the same one and we're compatible. But for me, politics would be the deal breaker. I feel like the differences between the right and left get down to ones morals, sense of right and wrong, values of life, liberty, equality, and responsibility to our species and environment. It's a fundamental approach to life that I would have to be in agreement with.

women with a nob

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by the term "nob," if you wouldn't mind.

@MollyBell sorry i mean a cock lol

@LeighShelton I thought that might be what you meant, but wanted to be sure. Thank you for the clarification.

@MollyBell that's quite alright my love

A "knob"? Afraid hers will exceed yours in size? I'll take that over poor grammar anyday; that's a dealbreaker for me. ?

@cvccosplay if you read on my profile you will find that I'm dyslexic meaning I'm not good with words. I'm seriously getting bored with people pulling me about an issue I can do nothing about. well, you stick with the p[erfect grammar female with the very large clitoris though I fail to see what being dyslexic has to do with my genitalia. I'm dyslexic and not stupid. by the way, you realise that in America some words are spelt wrong like the word says which in fact is spelt sais. as I am English you can't really argue but I bet you will babe xxxxxxx

@LeighShelton dyslexia isn't an excuse for the fact it was a shitty thing to try to say in the first place.

@cvccosplay why is it shitty that the woman you fancy being a straight man turns out to be a man is a deal breaker for me anyway. just because you bat for both sides doesnt mean everyone does. anyway, its the getting tricked part as much as anything. are you just putting something else out there because the dyslexic part fell through and you were wrong? or do you just like arguing, putting me down or just enjoy a huge clitoris. I mean who even asked you your opinion? so if your straight finding your man has tits and a vagina is less of a problem than bad grammar? really. I didn't try to say it. I did say it. you should slip your brain into gear before you open your gob love.

@LeighShelton it's "you're". Try harder to be a decent human being, shit-for-brains.

Religion.

Dishonesty. It's hard to ever trust that person again if they have lied.

We've go to really like each other's company.

Lying/dishonesty, which leads to broken trust. Abuse is not acceptable, but abusers are most often liars to begin with, so it goes back to my basic premise.

I wouldn't qualify my deal breakers as better or worse or biggest or smallest.

They cheated - huge. They are a habitual liar - not so huge. One will hurt more than the other, but they both will end the deal.

They are violent - huge. They are a lazy, spoiled slob. One will do more damage than the other, but both will end the deal.

I'm sure you get what I'm saying. A deal breaker is absolute, deal over.

Mine are all the obvious ones that I'm sure everybody else has already or will post.

Disinterest.

Same here. Trust is essential. Abuse is as bad also.

I put up with a lot of shit in my 20 year EX-marriage. But it was the broken trust that did it for me when I first suspected and then was able to verify that she was having an affair. I divorced her and have been single and sex-less ever since. It has caused me to trust very very few women.

Smokers, heavy drinkers and drug users need not apply.

Kids. Or smoking.

Lacks compassion.

Marz Level 7 Apr 25, 2018

Religion.....To me professing a religion is a sign of lacking intelligence....The other are a low level of education, distance, children, extremely family oriented, no friends....

I am curious (not critical),,,why not extremely family oriented. For example, I would take a bullet for anyone in my family. Are you talking about intrusive family?

@DevraisA1 iNTRUSIVE FAMILY AND A FAMILY THAT GETS PISSED IF YOU DON'T GO TO EVERY RELATIVE'S EVENT. No, I wouldn't take a bullet for anybody.

▪️Abuse of any kind.
▪️Drug user or Alcohol overuse
▪️Smoker (30 year smoker/smoke free 4+ years
▪️Gamer who shirks responsibility to game
▪️No sex. Must be willing and able and often

I do have a few. One being a smoker. That is the first deal breaker. Another is having pets. A lot of people have pets but I am pet free and like the freedom it gives me to go and do whatever so I can do things with another person not having to worry about animal issues. Been there, done that, never again.

Drugs. Specifically prescription painkillers. Living with a junkie means the compass always points to shit. Smoking is a close second as my Mom died an extremely quick and painful death from lung cancer. No point in bringing up religion as they never even get a chance to bat.

Trust, smoking, snoring...

Un dealt with snoring is not the one for me .. lol any of the above !

Well, the obvious. Other than that? Using sex as power and control.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:65456
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.