Agnostic.com

5 3

LINK 'Lie Back and Enjoy It' if Raped, GOP Candidate Jokes He'd Tell Daughters

Critics are blasting Robert Regan, a Republican nominee for the Michigan House of Representatives, for publicly comparing the 2020 presidential election to a rape.

"I tell my daughters, 'Well, if rape is inevitable, you should just lie back and enjoy it,'" Regan joked on a Facebook livestream.

"That was a shameful comment," said Amber Harris, a Republican strategist, of Regan's rape remarks. The livestream's host, Adam de Angeli, told WXMI that Regan "misspoke," adding, "Maybe not the best analogy, but he was speaking extemporaneously."

snytiger6 9 Mar 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Actually that is a pretty common statement from Republicans. I’ve heard it said before.

If he ever gets raped, he should just lay on his belly and enjoy it.

Lets jail him and let him enjoy that too

My reply to Regan (Please, Satan, not another one) would be "Okay, I'll do that but I get to abort the child formed from this crime and personally shoot him if found guilty. Right after the trial and he should sit back and enjoy it."

Always fascinating to note how extreme trauma is viewed by the privileged.

Deb57 Level 8 Mar 8, 2022
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:654616
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.