Agnostic.com

5 1

Georgia Senate passes bill seeking to regulate social media

[apnews.com]

FearlessFly 9 Mar 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I think every man that disagrees with me should be castrated & every women that disagrees should show me their boobs.

. . . and opinions are like assholes -- every has one, but mine is the only one that doesn't stink. 🙂

So we can take over the pulpit when the minister has finished?

Hopefully they can censor for false posts after fact checking.

I'm very-much in favor of Section 230.
There are those (not me, but even here) who oppose ANY 'censorship' -- the idea being the best way to counter 'bad' speech is MORE/better speech.

@FearlessFly I think there are times when voices need to be calmed down to achieve a more peaceful discussion. There are other times when such questions can, and should, be returned to. In general, as a long term policy, I don't think censorship is a good thing. That's what Putin is proving in his country right now.

"Conservative" (by which we mean Republican, who are actually not conservatives anymore) views are only being discriminated against in the sense that they're not allowed to spread lies for free on social media. They have to buy advertising like any other huckster.

Dissenting voices aren't being silenced, they're just being ignored.
Sorta like not having the newspaper not printing your editorial.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:654815
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.