Agnostic.com

4 10

LINK Every household is eligible for additional free COVID-19 tests from the government

All U.S. households are now eligible to order four additional free COVID-19 tests from COVIDtests.gov.

When the government site launched in January, it received more than 45 million orders. Now officials say fewer than 100,000 orders a day are coming in for the packages of four free rapid tests per household, delivered by the U.S. Postal Service.

Experts say testing will become more important with mask requirements now easing.

"If infection control is still our priority, testing is central," said Dr. Leana Wen, a former Baltimore health commissioner and commentator on the pandemic. "Four tests per household for one family will only last you one time. There should be enough tests for families to test twice a week."

HippieChick58 9 Mar 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

What’s Covid? Seems so 2020

Thanks for the link, I've had covid twice plus all my shots, but I still want to be safe when I go out there. Texas is only 60% vaccinated.

Thank you, I had this on my list and then forgot about it, so I'll order them now. The "per household" thing was rough and I agree with Dr Wen that there should be enough tests for everyone to test twice a week, particularly after they've been exposed.

Covid seems to be pretty much over here in western Oklahoma but it sure killed and sickened a lot of people while it was active. It seems most have had all the shots or have had Covid.

I have had all the shots, and I have two test kits. I ordered the additional kits just because they're free, and although I hope Covid is over, I don't trust it to really be over for some time.

@HippieChick58 Maybe if we’re lucky it will be over until fall.

@Trajan61 and the old Jewish Bubushka says "from your mouth to God's ear." Let it be so. I'm not holding my breath though.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:654848
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.