Agnostic.com

4 9

Democracy is under attack many places in the world. And yes, it's being attacked right here in the United States of America. The attackers are people who want to have an authoritarian "strong man" government. Most of them are Republicans.

[finance.yahoo.com]

mischl 8 Mar 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I believe you are correct.

"Strong man" is being confused with muscle or bullying. A strong man uses his mind to out maneuver his opponent with the fewest losses of pawns as possible. Out smarting the bully with cunning & fortitude. The conclusion of this latest incursion into democracy has yet to resolve. I fear my Ukrainian flag will become quite faded before this concludes.

I don't think there's confusion here. A "strong man autocracy" is a very well known term to describe what Russia has at the present time. It might have described the U.S. government at the present time if Trump had been reelected.

@mischl Saying “strong man autocracy” needs an irony warning. Putin is weak.

And these are the same morons who complain their freedom is being impaired by masks. They're OK with imposing theocracy on everyone else.

What's just as bad are the ones who don't care.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:655411
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.