Agnostic.com

7 3

The talk about the beginning of the universe seems to imply the creation of something of great immensity out of nothing. That sounds more like religion than science.

wordywalt 9 Mar 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The big difference is, that science describes the big bang, as. "Our best current model." And not all scientists accept it or are forced to accept it. Where religion describes creationism as, our only model forever.

Please justify your assumptions about the nature of time.

Rather than displaying your ignorance of quantum physics here, I'd suggest that you read or watch some qualified people on the subject. Lawrence Krauss on A Universe from Nothing would be a good place to start. The word 'nothing' is highly subjective, even in everyday language, and in physics it is a very complex subject, as I understand it, reading Krauss and others.

. . . a very good read :

[goodreads.com]

Maybe there was/is no beginning to the universe but instead it exists akin to a Mobius loop, having no beginning or end but continuing forever in an endless loop. The universe could have expanded and collapsed a billion billion billion times previously and will do so again a billion billion billion more times.

But if science sounds like religion to you then you don't understand science. I would recommend reading Astrophysics for People in a Hurry by Neil DeGrasse Tyson.

Skip Tyson’s first paragraph, about the size of the original “nothing”.

all the same either notion. nobody knows anything about it. just guesses into speculation and desire.

The fact that our species doesn't have or hasn't had scientific understanding to discuss this issue leads us to create ''our father which art in heaven." It's soooo calming, isn't it? Garban (just below) is correct...there's a difference between ''beginning'' and ''creating."

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:655591
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.