Agnostic.com

5 1

LINK Preparedness

Regardless of what the WHO says, you should have already had Potassium Iodide pills. We still live in the nuclear age. we have nuclear bombs, missles, packs, power packs, power plants, x-ray machines and other stuff. And accidents happen! Nuclear tests in Eurasia produces fallout in the US. And now we have an unhinged Dictator with his finger on the button. Russia currently has control of 2 Nuclear powerplants that normally would be safe. However, there is a good chance that they may "damage" the plants if they are forced to leave. That could be bad news for us. I have had 3 month supply of "radiation" pills in my kit for years, just in case. They are cheap and last a long time.

Reignmond 7 Mar 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Workers at Nuclear Waste Site in New Mexico Inhaled Radioactive Materials

[nytimes.com]

3.6m pounds of nuclear waste is buried on a popular California beach

[theguardian.com]

I live less than a mile from a nuclear submarine manufacturer, & less than 3 miles from a major submarine port. No worries whatsoever!

I lived in Niagara Falls, NY. Very few residents realize that the area was a major dumping ground for waste material from the Mahattan Project. South of there is West Valley a nuclear waste storage facility. In reality there are hundreds of much smaller sites that are scattered across the US. Occasionally they find new ones that were never documented. I know about this because I was a technical advisor to the Peace Coalition and a State Naturalist for NYS. And that is just a very small sample of the normal domestic concerns. If we do have a nuclear exchange it will be way too late to run to Walmart and pick-up supplies. Nuclear reactors are now fairly common for utilities and military use. Few know that the Soviet sub K-129 had a serious accident where it seems a nuclear warhead detonated in the sub near Hawaii. Accidents happen! And now we have a real possibility of nuclear war with Russia. All I am saying is it is a prudent, easy, and cheap precaution to have a few tablets in the emergency kit. An once of prevention is worth a pound of cure, as my Grandmother would say.

@Reignmond cannot take tablets after I am a first-strike black blot, duuuuhhhh

@AnneWimsey Hey, Tsutomu Yamaguchi lived to 93 after suviving both Hiroshima and Nagasaki bombs. You might be able to handle 3.

@Reignmond the atom bombs now are Much bigger & better!

@AnneWimsey True, but that is no cause for a fatalist attitude. I have every intention on surviving. After all, I know praying ain't gonna work.

@Reignmond i truly find the ideal of instant annihalation Extremely comforting, I have no desire to crawl over rubble & kill for scraps.
I think you will find 90% of the people living around here feel exactly the same way....

@AnneWimsey I acknowledge the appeal. I am just real damn stubborn.

@Reignmond I am Famous for my life-long stubbornness! But a spate of deep reading of "apocalyptic" sci-fi in my early teens plus the accumulated knowledge of 73 years has made me smarter, I think.....

Unless you are well versed in the proper dosages and timing, KI tablets present more of a risk to your health than not having them. A K95 mask worn anytime you venture out, will actually provide more post nuclear detonation than the KI pills with a much lower health risk. Depending on which type of weapon, radioactive I-131 may not even be a major factor. A typical nuclear explosion produces up to 300 different isotopes. I-131 has a half life of only 8 days, while stonium-90 and cesium -137 have half lives in the decades and are much more problematic than iodine. Iodine gives a false sense of security'

🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌
Ok . I admit . I love u Glenn , u are the Man 🙌🙌🙌🙌
Thank u for typing this 🙌♥️🙌♥️🙌

"more of a risk to your health than not having them"

These sources don't say that . . .

[cdc.gov]
[fda.gov]
[health.ny.gov]

@Pralina1 When you actually have to be prepared for nuclear war, and are expected to work through it, if you have a brain at all, you learn, the most important things to do. I also had access to the plans, as well as had to inspect the stores of emergency material. Instead of KI pills, we were instructed to use iodine as a water purifier, but only for the first few days.

Somewhat true, but you would not be popping tablets like candy. 2 - 65mg tabs a day for an adult is the general dosage. Radioactive Iodine is especially sneaky killer because small exposures can built up without any problem...until it is. But the good news is you can partly prevent it. Most of the other forms once you are exposed there is little to be done. Of course, then you have Tsutomu Yamaguchi who survived both the atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, and lived to a good old age.

[health.harvard.edu].

That’s a no .
Do we really need folks dropping from cardiac arrest ?

From too much potassium?

@Organist1 K+ is not a joke . And people in panicking mode w potassium in their hands is frighting to me .
I had no idea u can get this over the counter in Europe .

@Pralina1 I wasn't joking...just asking. Yes, I'm aware of potassium overdoses. I'm on a beta blocker, and have to watch my banana and potato intake.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:655596
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.